Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spotlight at IPC is opened!

Yup! I now have a Spotlight closer to home! 

Well, ok, closer to my MIL's home actually! But that is close enough compared to the one at Ampang Point!

It would be nice if they open one in Subang Jaya though! LOL!

So, last Thursday, I took leave to spend time with my son who is home for the school holidays, and included in the outing a trip to Spotlight IPC!

Boy! I was like a kid at a playground as soon as I entered the front entrance! LOL!


I spent about an hour there.

Don't you just love all these vibrant colours?

I went there with a list of things to buy. I needed to get some things for the upcoming NNC 8th Anniversary celebration. 

However, I noticed that even though Spotlight IPC is a lot bigger in terms of floor area, but there are certain items I know Spotlight Ampang Point carries, but I could not find it at Spotlight IPC.

I think I went around 3 times but could not locate the items I was looking for.

I did not bother asking for assistance because I think it would be too difficult to try to describe it to the shop assistant if they have never been to the Spotlight at Ampang Point.

For one, I was looking for a needlecase that comes in the shape of a Russian Doll. I bought one at the Ampang Point outlet. I gave it to a friend. I thought I’d get another one to add it to the NNC Anniversary Gift Exchange (AGE)

But since I could not find it at the IPC outlet, I had to decide what other things I can add to the AGE. 

Members of NNC attending the Anniversary Meet next week will have to wait to find out what exactly did I finally decided to buy to add to the AGE. *wink*

Here’s a photo of the basket of things I bought at Spotlight IPC. 
 

A few of the items you see went into the AGE, all packed up, wrapped and labelled (see previous posting on the teaser).

By the way, to those who have yet to drop by Spotlight IPC, they were having an Opening Sale when I was there last week.

I was so tempted to buy the washi tape selling at 50% off the original price.


If not for the fact that I don’t really know what to use the washi tape for, I think I would have bought a whole load! LOL!

But I simply could not resist buying the rick racks and colourful ribbons all nicely packed up, also selling at 50% of the original price. 


I bought 3 gadgets.

One is an envelope maker and the other a gift bag maker.

I have tried out the envelope maker and love it! It makes such cute envelopes!


I have yet to try out the gift bag maker though.

I also bought a die to make tags in several sizes. 

I thought this would help me get moving and motivated to start making the tag for the Tag Challenge for the NNC Anniversary Celebration. But, I just found out just now that the tag can’t be paper base!

Ok. Now I will have to rethink how to make my tag. Time to go to Pinterest again for ideas!

I also bought a few pieces of cottons to match the HST blocks I am currently making before I had to stop to focus on the Anniversary Celebration.

I also could not resist a pack of fat quarters in red and white. *grin*

Don’t ask me yet what I intend to do with them. I just bought them for the just in case moment! LOL! *wink*

I am very happy with my just acquired stash and gadget. I can’t really play with them yet though, until the 2 major events – my niece’s wedding reception this weekend, and the NNC 8th Anniversary celebration have passed.

Only then can I heave a sigh or relieve and have some fun playing with my new toys! *wink*

No comments: