Thursday, February 07, 2008

WIP, stashing and indecisions

I did not get much of a weekend last week despite it being a holiday in Kuala Lumpur on Friday, 1st February as I had to go to work to settle matters with regards to my project which is nearing completion, but still has a lot more that needs to be done.

On Sunday, I was in Kuala Terengganu
to oversee a project I have been very much involved in since day one. The Thursday before that, I flew back to Kota Bharu to see my mum who was down with dengue, but is now recovering very well.

I did not get much of a rest since coming back from Terengganu on Tuesday morning as I had to rush to the office to chair a meeting in the afternoon. My flu got so bad from all the stress that my nose was practically running like tap water.

I am so looking forward to this weekend for a much needed rest to recover, especially since I will be working again next weekend. I also want try to put in some stitching into my DT SGB, and start a little on the BD exchange.

I look forward to spending some time with my hubby and son, even if it is just to sit down together to watch TV. I missed that last weekend. I need to make up for lost times.

This morning, my hubby has gone to the gym while my son is at my in-laws for his Al-Qur'an class, giving me some time to do my own things until late morning. Now that the breakfast things have cleared away and the clothes have been put out to dry, it is now time for "ME TIME". Now, what shall I do first?

I want to do so many things, I don't know where to start! LOL!

OK, let's start with the progress report on my Drawn Thread Sampler Game Board. I have started on the alphabet borders, deciding to use Caron Callection's Wildflowers 051 Abalone, in replace of the DMC threads called for, so that, I needn't have to change my threads ever so often, but still get the same effect as in the original design.

I have also replaced the border frame colour by using Aniza's Dip & Twist DNT 059, and I like the way the colours change subtly. Just the right effect that I want!

Moving on, yup, I stashed again! *grin* Jean is having a liquidation sale at Needle Litte Love, and I could not resist the temptations to get some of the charts that I have been eyeing for some time.


Yup, I have been bitten by the Country Cottage Needleworks and Little House Needleworks bug! *grin* I ordered 6 of their charts, but Jean was out of stock of two of them, but, still, I am happy with my purchases. Now to find the time to stitch them all! LOL!

Over at NNC, some members are currently involved in the Rose Sampler Stitch-Along that is currently being organised at the EMS website. It's a beautiful piece, and though I initially said that I don't want to start on anything new until I get done at least half of my commited exchanges, I could not resist the temptations to stitch this lovely piece.

So, this weekend, I hope to at least put in a couple of stitches, though I won't be able to catch up with those who have started stitching on it since last month. However, at the moment, I am a little indecisive as to whether I should stitch this piece on antique white or rose pink, this being a ROSE SAMPLER.

I thought a rose coloured fabric would be more appropriate for this piece, but I couldn't be certain for sure. I need some opinions. I am putting both pieces together with the thread colour that I intend to use, which is DMC 777, 318 and 415. Could anyone advice?


The photo is the best that I could do with my old camera, but it is quite close to the actual colour. Do post some comments, so that I can make up my mind. Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

Mrs. Fedex said...

Sis Za..
I will go for the rose coloured fabric.. So sweet to see the rose..