Monday, March 21, 2011

Missing mum’s cooking

I went back to Kota Bharu recently for work. As there were 3 meetings to attend spread over 2 days, it was an opportunity for me to spend the night at my mum’s place and to savour my mum’s delicious cooking. Just writing this is already making my mouth water! LOL!

I was in Kota Bharu on the 7th and 8th of March, 2011. I took the 10.00am flight on the 7th and arrived at my mum’s place slightly after 11.00am. My meeting was only at 2.30pm, so, it was an opportunity to have lunch with my mum.

I actually sent a message on FB to my mum telling her that I was only going to be arriving at 11.00am, but alas, she did not read the message and assumed that I was arriving very early in the morning via the 7.30am flight, and would be in time for breakfast before going for my meeting in the morning.

I would usually do that if my meeting had been in the morning. But, since this time, the meeting was to be at 2.30pm, I did not want to have to get up at 4.30am to get ready to catch the very early morning flight.

Due to the miscommunication, my mum had prepared breakfast of Nasi Belauk, one of my all time favourite Kelantan breakfast food. Sorry, Ma! But, by the time I got to her house, I was already full from the breakfast I had at the airport, and I did not want to spoil my appetite for lunch of Kuzi Kambing, one of my favourite dish. Yum! My mouth is watering again! LOL!

Too eager was I to dive into the yummy Kuzi Kambing that I forgot to snap a photo of the food.

However, I certainly did not forget to snap photos of the dinner food! Yum!


I went to bed satisfied from eating mum’s delicious food! LOL!

Lunch the next day was another yummy spread. I could still taste the budu on my tongue and wish that I could have eaten more. Oohh! I miss my mum’s cooking!


Thanks, Ma, for all the delicious meals! Sorry I could not stay longer in Kota Bharu. The office was hollering for me to come back! LOL! Noticed how I was mostly on the phone when I was in Kota Bharu? That’s how work is these days. *sigh*

BTW, while I was in Kota Bharu, I noticed that my mum had been busy keeping herself occuppied (like as if she's not busy enough running her Kenari Villa Guesthouse! LOL! *wink*) by doing and re-doing up her house. *grin*

The latest addition to her condo is this two lovely wing chairs. Very english and I just love it! I spent a lot of time sitting there in the evening as I watch TV.


I also love her new set of lights.


I think it matches her two new flowery wing chairs to a T, but she said that she bought it because it matches her cast iron grille. I think so too.

You got the house looking lovely, Ma!

No comments: