Thursday, August 23, 2012

Killing 2 birds with one stone

For the last 2 years, on my birthday or a couple of weeks after that, without intending to, I bought myself non-related craft things which I feel have been quite worth it and a really good investment.

Last year, I bought myself Sam, my Samsung Tab. Bought it in July, and since I haven't bought myself a BD gift, I considered Sam as a BD gift to myself.

This year, with my knee problem, I bought a recumbent bike so that I can go cycling every day and any time I feel like it, instead of having to go to the gym as I find going to the gym a chore - the driving to and fro, the parking, etc.

I bought the bike in late July, and consider that too as a BD to myself when I realised I have not bought myself anything yet. *grin*

I think since having the bike, I cycle almost daily with a few missed days, at an average of about 20 - 30 minutes a day.

In the previous years, during the fasting month, despite not eating much, I struggle to lose even a single gram (no kidding!).

This fasting month, having gone 'cycling' on my recumbent bike for 20 minutes every nite after my maghrib prayers, in an effort to improve the strength around my knee area, I have also finally managed to lose 4 kgs!!! That's about 1kg a week!

Nothing much yet, I know, but it is a start!

I hope to lose another 14kgs so that I can get back to my weight when I first got married, or an additional 3 kgs (17kgs total) to get to my weight before I got married!! Of course, spread over 14 - 17 weeks! *grin*

That's about 3 - 5 months. By rough calculations, I should set to reach my target by January of next year!

Hmm..OK. If I do achieve that target, insyaAllah, it would be a good start to the new year, God willing! :)

I know! I know! I am being very ambitious, but I am going to do it slowly and steadily so that I don't lose the momentum.

I have my hubby, who is an exercise freak, cheering me on! LOL!

I know that if I keep at it (cycling), not only the area around my knees will get strengthened, but I will also lose weight in the process! Gain 2 things from performing 1 form of excercise! Now that's what I call COOL! LOL!

Cheer me on, OK, guys? *wink*

No comments: