Monday, June 24, 2013

Take your health seriously!

I have come to realized that getting enough rest and sleep is very important.

I am going through some serious health issues lately due to the fact that I am not sleeping well, and not resting enough the last few years. Pressure and stress at work is not helping me to take better care of my health.

The accumulation of not enough sleep and rest over the last few years is now starting to show and I am going through so many health issues lately. It has come to even be scary to a certain extent.

I have trouble sleeping. I get up and just trying to get myself to fall asleep again gets me all stressed out. When I am all stressed out, my blood pressure goes up.

By the time I finally fall asleep again, it's time for me to get up. I end up not having enough sleep for the day, and driving to work becomes a heavy task as I try to fight my sleepiness.

When I don't get enough sleep, another problem that crops up is that I end up having wind problems, and as a result, I have a bad gastric problem. 

When the gastric problem gets so bad, it goes up to my head and I get a splitting headache. Sometimes taking a dose of panadol helps, but sometimes, when it gets to be so bad, even panadol no longer works.

I would try taking some anti acid medicine like Actal, but, by then, the wind in my head is so great that it pushes against my brain, or least, it feels like that. And that is the scariest part because I could no longer think rationally and is easily angry even by the slightest mistake I make or get all flustered if I can't find things I am looking for.

Now I have to lay out my things properly so I know where my things are or I plan my day one day ahead in advance so that I don't get all flustered.

A visit to my family doctor last week has tremendously helped me to get rid of the wind in my stomach and in my head. Thank God, I am feeling much better, and I hope that I will never have to expereince that terrible headache I have been experiencing the last 3 weeks, because it got to a point when it was beginning to get real scary.

However, now, I have to be careful of what I eat as any food that emits wind is something I will have to learn to avoid.

I am also slowly learning to delegate more work to my subordinates and taking more off days, especially when Aiman is back home.

Even my boss who is also having some health issues is starting to leave the office earlier than usual to go to the gym these days, so I might just follow his footsteps and come home early enough before I get too tired to go on my recumbent bike at least 15 - 20 minutes a day.

I hope everyone will take care of their health.

I hope to live a long, healthy and meaningful life with my hubby so that we may get to see Aiman grow up and succeed in life, insyaAllah.

Take care, everyone! HUGS!

No comments: