Sunday, May 29, 2011

19 wonderful years!

On April 17th 2011 (yeah! This is another post long overdue!), my hubby and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary!

We celebrated it small scale with lunch at Chillies, Empire Shopping Gallery; our latest playground.

It being more than a month ago that we had the lunch that I forgot what I had ordered.

I know that Aiman ordered the usual kiddie meal, and we had our favourite nachos as appetizers to share among us.


I think I had the lamb and chicken combo and hubby had the fajitas


The meal was filling, and very satisfying. It left us feeling lazy to even get up from of our seats to go home! LOL!

Would you believe it? It’s already been 19 years since we made a vow to love and respect one another. It’s been 19 wonderful years! I hope there will be many many many many more wonderful years of us together.

I would be lying if I said that our marriage had been smooth sailing all the way. As with any marriage, we have had our share of ups and downs, disagreements, and I don’t want to talk to you moments *grin*, but, the strong love and mutual respect that we have for each other has made us able to weather it all, alhamdulillah.

I may be a woman of very strong character, and when at the office, I am one very firm person who would not tolerate nonsense, but, I always tell my hubby that I am emotionally dependant on him. He is my rock in times of down when things at the office seems almost intolerable. Just to have him hug me and say that everything will be OK is enough to give me strength to face more challenges that comes my way.

His support for all things that I do, be it anything to do with my work at the office or my crafts; he is forever encouraging and supportive. God could not have given me a better person to be my husband.

Though I can sometimes be stubborn and want things to only be done my way, his patience would usually wear me down to eventually agree with him.

I may at times not know how to express my love for him, but I hope that he knows that deep down, he is my only love. I love him with all my heart, and I love the child (Aiman) that completes us and make us a happy family.


I always pray to Allah to keep us together for as long as we shall live. I pray that Allah will give us a long and healthy life with good wealth to see Aiman grow up, succeed in life, get married and have a family of his own.

I hope to be able to grow old with him, and to hold his hands as we walk down the path of the garden to our dream home, insyaAllah.


May Allah always bless us with many happiness, good health and good wealth, insyaAllah. Amin.

I love you, Dia! Hugs!

2 comments:

Barbara J said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Of course you can copy the idea, it's just a regular cutlery tray from Ikea that has be re-purposed.

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Za said...

Thanks, BJ, for the wishes, and thanks too for allowing me to use your great organizing idea! Hugs!