Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A year older! A lot wiser? *wink*

It was my birthday on the 8th of June. Don't ask how old I am. *grin* Just know that I am still young at heart. LOL! *wink*

I had to travel for work that day and so could not spend it with my son and hubby. But, as it turned out, I had to travel to Kota Bharu, and so, I got to spend my birthday with my mum and baby brother (not so baby any more actually when one is already 27 years old, right? LOL!).

I arrived in Kota Bharu at 7.30pm, just in time to sit down for dinner with my mum and brother, Azan


My mum had prepared my favourite dish of jeruk mame', budu, blanched vegetables and daging panggang. Yum!


It was a simple dinner, yet it was delicious! Thanks, Ma!

The next day, before I was to take my flight back to Kuala Lumpur, I had an early dinner of Nasi Kerabu prepared by my mum which I ate with my brother as my mum had some activities with some of her girlfriends.


I came home from Kota Bharu on Friday night and my hubby took my son and I out to dinner at San Francesco Steak House in Subang Jaya, Section 15.

When I saw that they have ribs, definitely that was what I had! LOL! *grin*


My hubby had the steak and my son had the barbecue chicken.


We also shared between us a serving of nachos.


Really love their nachos!

It was a great dinner! Thanks, Dia!


A week after my birthday, on the 16th of June, my staff surprised me with a birthday cake!

I was chairing a staff meeting and was wrapping it up when some of my staff started acting kind of strange and one or two of them started leaving the room. I thought that they had gone to the toilet.

Then, as I was packing up my things, in came a trolley with a cake all ready with lighted candles!

They were sweet to only put 4 candles on the cake! LOL! I felt so young! LOL!

Unfortunately I have no photos to show. I was too stunned by the surprise cake that I forgot to snap a photo of the lovely and delicious cake. :(

This year, besides the birthday dinner, my hubby also gave me a birthday present in the form of 2 cook books - one on bread and the other on cupcakes, knowing how crazy I am of late, making breads and cupcakes.


There were a couple of times that my bread has either turned out soggy, hard or undercooked. The book was probably a hint for me to start baking good bread. LOL! *grin*

Thanks for the books, Dia! I promise that my next batch of bread will turn out better....err...hopefully! *grin*

This birthday, and in the years to come, I hope that all my wishes will come true, and that I will succeed in everything that I do. May Allah bless me with lots of happiness, good health and great wealth, and may I live long enough to see my son succeed in life and may my hubby too have a long life so that he will be with me to see see Aiman succeed in life, insyaAllah. Amin.

To everyone who has sent me birthday wishes, thank you so much! Hugs, everyone!

No comments: