Sunday, June 26, 2011

All set for the big event!

My hubby is taking part in the KL Marathon this year, and last night, 25th June, we decided to take a walk around Dataran Merdeka to see how the preparations are coming along.

It being a yearly event, and an international one at that, it is a big event in the Klang valley, more so for those who are marathon freaks, like my hubby. *grin*

With all the canopies up, the lanes all demarcated, plus, having the Sultan Abdul Samad building for a backdrop gives the you the feeling of awe at how beautiful the city of Kuala Lumpur is at night.


Even the mobile toilets in bright blue and red looks awesome when lined up neatly! LOL! *wink*


After spending about 20 minutes at the Dataran, we decided (I, actually. My hubby wanted to walk back to AnCasa *grin*) to take the LRT back to our original destination.


The LRT Station at Masjid Jamek is almost nearing completion, and it makes me feel like I am back in the US during my student days and staying in Chicago where we would take this mode of transport to the University campus each day.


Along the way, we took in the sights of Kuala Lumpur at night around this area.

The stalls along the path from the LRT Station at Plaza Rakyat to AnCasa.


The Puduraya Bus Station which is newly renovated.


I remember this station being very grungy during my school days in Tunku Kurshiah College as I take the bus back to Seremban each time I come back for the weekend. But, look at it now!

The view from the 11th floor of AnCasa.


I wish my hubby all the best for his run. I hope he comes back with a medal. *smile*

1 comment:

Fort Worth Pool Services said...

Loved reading tthis thanks