Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Little Black Bag

Do you remember the sample prayer mat bag I made for my hubby’s cousin, Idah, in 2009?

Well, I have been using the bag for myself to carry my documents and other things to work. Recently I find myself in need of a black bag as the black bag I have been using all this while is starting to give way. So, I thought to myself, why don’t I make a black bag that matches this prayer mat bag. That way I would have a matching bag set.

I started on this project on the weekend of the 23rd of August 2011. Yup! That long time ago, and only now am I blogging about it! LOL!! *grin*


I didn’t realized how quick it was to do this bag as I completed the bag the very next day! I made the bag at a relaxing pace as I wasn’t in a hurry to get it done, but, despite stopping many times to do the usual household chores, cook and all those other usual wifely duties, I got the bag done in no time at all! I was surprised at how easy it was to do this bag.


The original design calls for the bag to be padded and quilted, but I decided to replace it with the usual bag interfacing instead. I guess that makes a difference in my timing. Still, I think the bag still looks great. Wouldn’t you agree? *wink*


If I do this bag again, what I will change is the top flap. I think it’s a little small and does not cover the whole top opening, making it very easy for small things to pop out of the bag, not to mention that someone could actually put their hands into the bag. So, if I carry this bag to a public place, I would have to strap it across my body and have it in front of me.

Other than that, I love this bag because of the fact that it matches the prayer mat bag which is now my document bag which I have been bringing to work with me.


Maybe I should start thinking of making bags as a set – a handbag that comes matching with a document bag. What do you think?

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Nik, it looks great! Even more great as a matching set! Yes, why not make matching sets, I think you should! :)