Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Journal for Aiman - a page from FB, 22 Feb. 2013 (Part 1)

I guess being an only child, Aiman is afraid to ask for help even when he really needs it and is too shy to even ask his teachers and friends a simply question that is not related to school. He is even afraid of his cousin whom he is actually close to and is only 2 years older than him.

He would rather come to mummy or Abah for help or ask mummy or abah to call his teachers rather than go ask himself, like when he had the diarrhea, he called us to ask us to call his teacher/warden that he is suffering from diarrhea.

When I told him to ask his cousin to go along with him to see the teacher, he said that his cousin might scold him for waking him up at 5.00 in the morning.

This is something he will have to learn to survive in this world, although we would be there to guide him where we can. It will take time but I hope that he will be strong to go through this stage and phase of his life.

It took me several weeks to adjust when I went to boarding school but then again, my parents visited me every week during the adjustment period.

I could only visit Aiman once a month and on his last trip home, I wasn't around as I was in the US for work. I guess him not meeting me during his last trip home could probably have something to do with him going through all this emotions currently. He misses me but would not admit it outright. LOL! *wink*

During this adjustment period, I feel that I have not had much time to settle down to do my own thing, or even focus on work entirely, as I spend a lot of time on the phone giving him encouragement and moral support, draining myself mentally in the process.

Soon, I hope, Aiman will adjust so that we may move on to the next stage, insyaAllah.

No comments: