Sunday, April 05, 2015

A run up to NNC’s 8th Anniversary Meet

NNC’s 8th Anniversary Meet almost got cancelled when initially we couldn’t get enough members to join us this year.

With only 3 more weeks to go before the Meet, the number of members confirming their attendance was only 5 numbers

Initially I felt like it was not worth the trouble and time to proceed with the Meet with such a small number, considering that we have 20 local members out of 46 members from all over the world.

What with my constant travelling for work, making it not possible for me to come online often enough to encourage the members to come to the Meet, I was at wits end as the date draws near.

But, after having an online discussion with the Moderators combined with lots of persuading, enticing and sneak peeks of what’s to come, we finally managed to get 11 members to come, with one pending member still undecided.

Like what Margaret said, the show must go on, despite she herself not able to join us as she has a family commitment which cannot be avoided.

So, once it was decided that the Meet will go on with 11 members coming (I was still hoping up the the 11th hour that Erin and Sabariah would join us, but, it was not meant to be when they had other commitments to fulfil. Maybe next time......), it was a mad rush to get everything ready and done for the Meet.

The Anniversary Gift Exchange to do! The Tag Challenge to do! The goodie bag items, all 14 of them, to do or buy! The tags for the goodie bags to do! 

At the same time that I was busy preparing for the Anniversary Meet, I was also busy trying to finish the Card Trick Quilt which I was helping to make for Zarina’s book. 

I also promised my niece that my hubby and I would sponsor the doorgifts for her wedding reception, and I had this great idea that I was going to make heart shaped sugar cookies, glaze them, decorate them, wrap them and pack them up in cute little bags up to be given as doorgifts. 

Like I had all the time in the world to make them! LOL! 

Work at the office was so hectic and I was travelling for work so much, compounded with a flu that does not seem to want to go away, I was starting to get so stressed out with so many datelines to meet for the other things that needed to be done for the Anniversary Meet and the quilt, that I needed to start thinking of quick alternatives for my niece’s doorgifts which would still be just as nice, though not as unique.

I had to settle for what is the next best thing when time was no longer on my side. But, first things first, I had to prioritize what needs to be done so that I don’t miss out on anything. So I came up with a check list which I posted here a few weeks ago to keep myself in check.

I felt a big load off my chest when I put up the list as I could finally see what needs to be done, how much is done, and how much more needs to be done.

It was a great relief when I got the Card Trick done, and my niece’s wedding reception doorgift out of the way. 

There was no option of burning the midnight oil this year as I had to complete the Anniversary Gift Exchange, the Tag Challenge, all the goodie bag items plus the tags for the goodie bags and anything else related to the Anniversary Meet done 2 weeks before the date of the Meet as I had to be outstation for 3 days until Friday. 

I felt another burden off my shoulders when my niece’s wedding reception was finally over and I managed to get the doorgifts ready with the help of hubby and my two nieces, Kuyana and Kuyasmin.


Thanks, girls. Thanks, Dia!

Congrats, Kuya and Felix! May you have a long and happy marriage!


Now for the Anniversary Meet........ posting coming up!

No comments: