Sunday, December 23, 2007

I've got it covered!

Yup! Definitely it's covered! You wouldn't know it's a tissue box cover if not for the `smoke' coming out of it's chimney. *smile*


I finally completed my tissue box cover, and now my tissue box has now been housed! *grin* It took me two classes to complete it at the Sakura Sewing Shop in SS19, Subang Jaya. I had fun doing it, though I pricked my finger twice doing it! Yeah! There were some portions where I had to push my needle hard to get it through the layers, and the needle just went simply right into my finger instead, causing blood to spurt out! yewwww!!! LOL! *grin*

It's a lovely tissue box cover, don't you think so? *wink* Kind of cute and sweet! Heheh.....again it is in pink! LOL! Well, actually, I had to buy the kit, and it came in only 4 colours - blue, pink, yellow and brown, so naturally I chose PINK! LOL!

I kind of like the brown because I thought it would make it more like a real house, but I did not fancy the motif/pattern on the fabric. I might make another one in brown. In fact, I think I might make more than one in other colours as well. I presently have a tissue box in almost every corner of my house. That way, whenever I, or my hubby or son needs to sneeze, we wouldn't need to go running around looking for a tissue box. LOL!

It does make such lovely gifts too, and I get to use leftover fabrics from my other big projects. Heheh....an excuse to buy more stash if I use up as much of my present stash as possible! LOL! *wink* Opps! My mum is going to be shaking her head again, saying that I am buying more trash! LOL! *wink* Kidding, mum! BTW, we miss you here in Malaysia. Raya isn't the same without you here with us.

Sakura has more classes planned for 2008, among which, I heard would be placemats, zippered pouch and many more. I also saw a cockerel tea cosy on one of the walls of the classroom, which I am tempted to take the class, but I will have to see how my schedule is for next year.

In the mean time, I am going to be making more tissue box covers and bags! *wink*

2 comments:

Emily said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!