Thursday, September 15, 2005

A piece of cake......

The purrrrrrfect birthday cake! Posted by Picasa

Yeah....I know.....it was in April that I baked this cake for my son's 5th birthday. But I didn't know how to blog yet then......I still don't quite get it yet.....this blogging...but I am getting there...*wink* ..but I thought I wanted to share with you all another hobby of mine..baking!

Yep! Baking is yet another hobby of mine in a wheel of hobbies that seems to be getting bigger and bigger (the wheel)! LOL!

I haven't baked for sometime since my son's birthday. Well, ok, other than getting distracted by my many other hobbies, LOL!....my 20 year old oven which was handed down to me by my mum, has started to throw tantrums. I had to bake this birthday cake 4 son 3 times b4 it came out right!

The 1st one got burnt because the oven thermometer no longer shows the correct temperature. Well, ok....it hasn't shown d correct temperature for the past 10 years actually, LOL! but I have been able work around it by buying a portable thermometer. But, somehow, this time, even the portable thermometer was not showing the right temperature either! *sigh* That's getting old too......

The 2nd cake was undercook pula! LOL! That's because I was being too careful not wanting to burned the cake....

Finally the 3rd one turned out ok...phew! I was like all tired out by the time it got baked that I couldn't bring myself to do the frosting until the next day! Luckily is was a public holiday the next day!

The cake got delivered the following day and I think the kids enjoyed the cake. They especially like the eyes of the cat and almost everyone wanted the green eyes and kept poking at it while I was cutting up the cake! LOL!

Happy Birthday, dear son! You are growing up so fast!

1 comment:

saurav said...

A very very Happy Birthday to him....