Thursday, September 07, 2006

How time flies..............

I started out on the JE SAL with Barbara on 1st July 2006, although I only actually managed to put in the 1st stitch on July 2nd, due to some unforeseen circumstances.

Earlier, Barbara and I agreed on a 2 month period to complete the piece, but since I was sitting for the promotions exams, the infamous PTK, in August, Barbara was considerate enough to put on hold the SAL for two weeks.

Not discounting the two weeks of no stitching period, it has been more than 2 months since we started on the SAL. I am usually a fast stitcher, but, lately I am way over my head with work, that by the time I get back home, I am mentally exhausted. To add to that, without a maid, I had to do the household chores first before I could sit down and relax to stitch. Usually, by the time I am done, I would be too physically exhausted, added on to being already mentally exhausted! LOL! Not a good combination to sit down for a stitching session! I would end up going to bed early! LOL!

I really must apologize to Barbara that I cannot proceed with this piece as fast I usually could. It is one of those period of time when things just simply gets too hectic. I am hoping things will slow down a bit in about a month, but I doubt it very much because a number of projects that I am currently managing have to be tendered out before the end of the month, or latest, before the 1st week of November. That is work, and U have to work to live.

However, I am still hoping to get this piece (JE SAL) done before the end of September. I am hoping taht I will be able to catch up on my stitching during the weekends, but, so far, it has been 2 weekends that I have had to work over the weekends since I started on this project.

I will be working again come this weekend. Another weekend stitching time off my plans......but, I am kind of looking forward to work this weekend because........... heheh.....I am not telling! *wink* I will only tell about my work after this weekend, because, if everything goes well, it is going to be work of a different kind......at least for me.......*grin*

For now, here is my progress photo.....


The backstitching for the center pot, bottom shelf, is fully completed. I targeted to finish the backstitching for the 2nd shelf this weekend, but, looks like it's not gonna happen.......

No comments: