Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Condolences

Tuanku Ja'afar Tuanku Abdul Rahman
1922- 2008

When I heard over the radio of His Majesty Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan’s passing yesterday, I felt like I lost someone I knew in person. I couldn’t figure out why I felt that way until later today as I was driving did it finally dawn on me why I thought that I had personally met him and spoken to him, because I really did some 14 years ago.

I met him when His Majesty was the then DYMM Yang Di Pertuan Agong. He conferred upon me the Ahli Mangku Negara (A.M.N.), and as he was about to pin the medal on me, we spoke briefly.


He asked me where I was from, and what my profession was. He was very impressed when told that I am an Architect with the government and asked how long I have been in service.

I remember him to be a very pleasant man, and he made me feel very special that day despite there being more than 100 over other more important people waiting to be bestowed other awards that day.

It’s a day that I will remember forever.

My heartfelt and deepest condolences to KDYMM Tuanku Ampuan Negeri Sembilan and the Royal Family on the demise of Al-Marhum KDYMM Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Ja’afar Ibni Al-Marhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman.

Al-fatihah.

No comments: