Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Trip of a Lifetime - to the US and the UK (Part 2) – in Washington D.C.

We arrived in Washington D.C. at 5.30pm local time and went straight to the hotel, and what a hotel it was!

We were booked at the Embassy Suites.


Just look at the room!


It’s got a living room and a small kitchenette, complete with a coffee maker/cappuccino machine! My hubby would be so envious! LOL!


Here’s the bedroom.


On the bed was an invitation to dinner from the Ambassador of Malaysia for tomorrow night!


Here are some views of the hotel courtyard.


It shares the same courtyard as the shopping complex next door.

A view from the room.


As we arrived in Washington D.C. on a Sunday, most of the shops were already closed by 6.00pm. The town was quiet by 8.00pm.

We had dinner of Fish Fillet at a nearby McDonalds.

By the time we were done with dinner, I was really very tired already.

This was what I had posted on my FB page on 4th February 2013. It was actually posted on 3rd February 2013 in the US.


I went straight to bed, but I woke up at 5.00am though. I couldn’t sleep. It was either jetlag, or, as usual, my insomnia creeping in.

I decided to make myself a cup of 3in1 Milo which I had brought with me to the US using the cappuccino machine.


At 5.00am in the morning, even a simple cup of Milo tasted great! LOL!

End of Day 2 - 4th February 2013

No comments: