Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Trip of a Lifetime - to the US and the UK (Part 4) – a visit to 2 schools

It was another night of not being able to sleep on the 2nd night at Washington D.C.

So, I got up to make a bowl of instant noodle which I had bought at a nearby convenience store across the street from the hotel. See previous posting.

It was going to be a long day that as we had 2 schools to visit that day and a flight to New York to catch.

The first school we visited was Ivymount.

Ivymount is a school that provides school- and community -based services for children and young adults with special needs. You can read more about it here.
Unfortunately we were not allowed to take any photos of the school nor the children for safety reasons.

These were the only photos allowed.


Our next school was McLean School of Maryland. It is a school for children with learning disabilities. You can read more about it here.

 


This school reminds me so much of Aiman’s primary school – the layout, the facilities, the classrooms, everything was so similar.


For a while, as I went about looking at the school, I felt in lump in my throat. I miss my son very much!


The flags put up represents the country where the students are from.

See the Malaysian flag? There must be a Malaysian child studying here.

Time was very tight and as soon as we were done at McLean, we had to rush to the airport to catch our flight to New York.


New York! New York! Here we come!

Day 4 hasn’t ended yet! – 5th February 2013

No comments: