Saturday, July 07, 2007

No words could ease the pain......

A friend's dad passed away about two weeks back. What do you say to someone who just lost someone so dear to them?

No words could ease the pain of losing someone so close to you. The pain will always be there. I lost my dad suddenly in 1996, and my grandmother in 1988, both whom I am very close to. Till this day, just remembering about them brings tears to my eyes. The pain of losing someone will never go away. You just learn to bear with it. You just move on. They will always remain in our hearts, and our minds. Remembering them gives you strength to do what they would have loved you to do had they still lived to this day.

So, to my friend, Helmy, who recently lost his dad, my condolences. I hope you will be strong to face the days ahead, although you are now alone (his mom passed away 16 years ago). You are not totally alone. You have your siblings though they may already have families of their own. You have friends who care for you, and of course, God will always be there to give you strength. Be strong, dear friend. You still have far to go. Keep yourself busy, not to try to forget your loved ones, but to help you pass the days ahead. It will get easier as time goes by. Be patient, my friend. Pray a lot, and God will help you through. Take care.

No comments: