Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gone too soon….the passing of a very talented lady…

I don’t know her personally. I have never met her, yet, when I heard news of her passing, I cried. I had wanted to blog about her passing since Sunday, but, each time I tried to sit down in front of the PC to write, I choke even on the first line.

Such is Yasmin Ahmad’s impact on people like me who doesn’t even know her, except through her touching advertisements that spells unity and harmony, blurring lines between race, religion and beliefs. Just visit this site below and you will know what I mean.


I have never even watched any of her movies, but still, the impact that her advertisements have on people speaks volumes of her talents.

I have never once remembered watching her advertisements, no many how many times they are being shown, especially during the month of the Merdeka celebration, without shedding a tear or two. Many will remember the love story of Tan Hong Ming, though funny, but the sweetness of an innocent love also made me cried.

I cried again today, even after two days of her passing, as I read about all the good things people have to say about her in the papers. She must have been a very wonderful person to the people she has known personally, making people feel loved through her work.

It’s the Merdeka month again next month. Her advertisements, if they do reruns again, will bring out even more emotions by those who were touched by her, or by her works, now that she has passed on.

TV3 announced that works are on the way to pay tribute to her. It will be one program I will wait patiently. I just hope I won’t miss it when it is finally aired.

I hope Petronas too will pay tribute to her, because it is through her advertisements for Petronas that till this day people remember the story, no matter which year they were first being aired. It is only fitting for a person who has done the best she can through what she knows best – to tell a story.

Farewell to a very talented lady. She has gone too soon. There is still much that she can do, but, God loves her more....

My condolences to her family.

Semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat. Al-Fatihah.

No comments: