Friday, May 07, 2010

Eating, shopping and more eating!

Heheh...seems like I am talking about food all the time in my last few postings, huh? LOL! I sure sound like as if I have been doing a lot of eating lately. LOL!

Anyway, last weekend, we wanted to do something a little different than the usual Saturday activities of taking Aiman to his usual Saturday classes. I have been wanting to do some shopping for the house and the office. I have been so busy with work that the house is showing signs of being neglected and my office is starting to reflect the stress that everyone is undergoing to get the daily work done on time. It is looking dull and boring, an ambience not conducive, especially when we want to get people happy to come to work despite being under daily stress.

So, last Saturday, 1st May, 2010, we decided to let Aiman skip his Saturday class this weekend *grin* so that we can get a head start on the activities that we had planned for Saturday.

We started the day by having breakfast at Puteri, a restaurant in Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI) owned by my hubby’s uncle who is married to actress Rubiah Suparman. We didn’t actually plan on having breakfast there, but, as we were driving around trying to decide where to eat, we remembered the restaurant as our plans to go shopping that Saturday was at Mutiara Damansara, a short drive from TTDI.

My hubby’s uncle, Ayah Tik, was around and so, we decided to have breakfast there. It was a good start to the day as all the food served was really delicious!

I had Lontong which was really really nice and yummy!


My hubby had Nasi Lemak, and it was also really nice that my hubby wanted seconds, but, unfortunately they had ran out of the rice.


My son enjoyed his Roti Telur so much that he asked for seconds and finished every single bit of it! LOL!


After breakfast we made our way to Tesco Mutiara Damansara. While my hubby went to the gym, my son and I went to do some shopping at Tesco. I also went to do some shopping at IKEA, which is just across the street from Tesco.

I bought quite a lot of things at IKEA, among which is this black chopping board and strainer which can be placed over the sink.


I also bought two stools, some fabric boxes, rugs and some shelving. I notice that each time I go to IKEA, I could never walk away without buying at least an item! LOL! Such is the attraction of IKEA! LOL!

For lunch, we decided on Secret Recipe as I have a craving for the lamb shank.


My hubby decided to have the mushroom chicken which was served with rice.


My son ordered the Fish and Chips, from the kiddie menu.


It was a day spent spending and I think I spent quite a lot that day at Tesco, IKEA, and for the lunch while my hubby paid for the breakfast. My hubby said that the country thanks me for spending as I had just contributed 5% to the economy of the country! LOL!

No comments: