Sunday, October 29, 2006

Going on 5th

This is the progress on my 5th mini for the 5 Mini Challenge. It is a freebie design meant for a small pincushion by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. This is stitched on 16ct aida. If I were to make this into a pincushion, it will end up being quite big, actually, about 3" square. I am thinking of probably trying out my hands at making a biscornus, but then, I wud have to stitch this design twice! Hmmm...I am not one that likes stitching anything twice! LOL! I get bored quite easily! *wink*

This is also my 1st time stitching using just a single colour thread. Initially I planned on using two colours, but, I thought, why don't I give this single colour a try. Who knows, I might just get used to it, and like it too! I am beginning to like the way it is turning out and can't wait to get this done!

2 comments:

whitecalla said...

Wow! that was fast. Just noted you said Hi! at EMS and here you are almost done.
Lovely choice of color too.

Charlene said...

Love the colour, Nik. You really have a lot to stitch. I enjoy reading your blog. What is the nick name you use on the EMS board.