Saturday, October 14, 2006

A mentally draining week

It's been a week of practically no stitching. It's been one hectic week at work, that on most nites, I come home so mentally exhausted that I have been sleeping at 9.00 pm, instead of the usual 10 or 10.30 pm, during the fasting month.

Whenever I tuck my son into bed, I would normally just sit awhile to make sure that he sleeps and get up to do some stitching or watch TV. But, the last few nites, before I knew it, I am fast asleep, and would only realised it when my alarm for sahur goes off.

Yeah! Work in the office has been quite exhaustive. I have a couple of projects that have to be tendered by the end of the month, and there are still lots more to do. Some of my staffs are not working as hard and as fast.

I know it is the fasting month when most people think that things slow down. In actual fact, it does not. In fact, for me, fasting months are one of the most productive months of the year, with sometimes, meetings running back to back since we do not need to break for lunch. At the end of the day, I am mentally drained. But, with my days filled with meetings and discussions, and things that needs to be done by a certain date sure makes the fasting month go by very quickly. I look forward to an extended break this coming festival, even though, at the same time, I am sad to see the fasting month leave us so soon......

I may not have done much stitching this past week, but my vegetable garden has been growing! I am happy to 'announce'... heheh...*wink*...that I have harvested 2 pieces of the peria out of the 5 that sprouted. Today, another 3 has sprouted! That makes me feel so good! Guess you know what's going to be served for dinner tonite, rite? *wink*

On another note, look at the basket my hubby received from a friend. It was filled up a cake and some cookies. I am not interested in what it was filled up with! LOL! I am more interested in the basket itself! LOL! Don't you think this basket makes such a nice needlework basket? *wink* I can already imagine what's going in there, and I haven't even told my hubby that M taking the basket yet! LOL!

1 comment:

Barbara J said...

Is that what you call it? Peria? I've always thought it was bitter-gourd!

Does your husband have another friend ;)