Sunday, September 14, 2008

Soccer Quilt & Baju Kurung progress report

It’s not much, actually, but I thought I’d put it up anyway.

I managed to finish 3 blocks completely when I was at Quilt Gallery yesterday. Progress is kind of slow. I did not managed to work on the blocks at all during the week. As usual, I come home too mentally exhausted to do anything.

However, this morning, I managed to finish doing up 12 "soccer balls". I had to stop when I ran out of the pieces I had already cut up earlier. This afternoon, it is back to cutting up the pieces before I can put them together again.

It’s going to be another slow progress on the quilt again this week as I wil be doing some traveling for work again for most part of this week. Looks like I will again be only be able to work over the weekend.

Am I too ambitious to have embarked on this project?

Anyway, here's a close-up of the blocks just to show for size. It's approximately 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" square.

On another sewing note, I also started on my Baju Kurung Sewing Class at Epal last week. I did not get far on the baju kurung either.

I started my class at 9.30am after dropping off Aiman at school. I intended to only stay there till 12.30noon, thinking that I would at least do up to the cutting part, and do a little of the sewing.

However, it took me sometime to measure, draw up the pattern and cut up the fabric. The material was so slippery that I kept having to measure and remeasure before I dare to cut the fabric.

Before I knew it, it was already 12.30noon and I had only just finished cutting the material! I had to top up my parking ticket 3 times because I said I wasn't going to stay long, but, I just was not satisfied with my progress, and decided to prolong my stay there.

When I finally left Epal at 4.15pm, I had only managed to sew the neck part, but not the hand sewn part yet. There were several times that I had to wait idly as there were 2 other students wanting to use the iron at the same time that I wanted to use it.

Also, I spent some time waiting for Mira, the teacher, as she takes care of some other customers, and other office things, as Epal was shorthanded today because Liza and Ain got into a bad accident on Tuesday, though they were not hospitalised.

It was a hit and run accident where a taxi hit them on their motorbike, it seems, causing some face injury, hand and feet. But, they only received outpatient treatment.

If it wasn't for the fasting month, I probably would have stayed on longer so that I can progress further.

I had intended to drop by today but, for some reason, I am not feeling up to it. I am feeling extra lethargic today. I think it’s because I forgot to take my vitamin B Complex this morning after sahur. I usually do, and it helps me get through the day. I feel more energized when I take it.

I hope to fit in a time next week. If not, I will not be able to complete my baju kurung before the end of the month.

No comments: