Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicken Rice and a pouch finally completed!

OK, that title sounds confusing, right? LOL! *wink*

Actually, this posting is way overdue. In fact, I have quite a number of overdue postings, but I will still eventually put it up as my blog is a record of things my family and I do for the benefit of my son to read in years to come and for my long distance family and friends who keeps in touch with me through my blog.

Anyway, back to this current posting, my niece, Kuya, who is currently studying at HELP Institute, spent the last weekend of the fasting month with us.

It’s been a long time since I last cooked any decent meal at home as I have been coming home late almost every day and weekends are filled up with other commitments. So, that weekend, since my niece was around to help out, I decided to cook Nasi Ayam (Chicken Rice) for Berbuka (Iftar).

I had forgotten how to make the chillie sauce that usually accompanies the chicken rice, but, with my niece’s help, our chillie sauce turned out great! It was delicious!


Instead of frying the chicken, we decided to make it hainanese style by baking/grilling the chicken, but I cooked it for too long that it almost got the chicken burnt and we were left with very little gravy to pour over our rice. But, none the less, the chicken tasted great!

I forgot one major dish though. I forgot the soup! *blush*

Overall, the dinner was great! Well, at least my hubby, son and niece appreciated my cooking! *smile*


Earlier on in the day, my niece sat down with me to complete her pouch which she started with me some 8 months ago when she last visited me during the last December school holidays.


It’s finally completed, though with her name spelt wrong. *sigh*


Not my fault, actually. She herself forgot how her name was spelt!


Can you imagine? LOL! *grin* Trust my niece to forget how to spell her own name! LOL!

No comments: