Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A gathering of uncles and aunts, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews!

My mum was in town from the 26th to the 28th of August to spend time with my brother and his family and to send them off to the airport. They were going back to the US on the 28th August as my brother is furthering his studies.

My sister, Lin, made arrangements to have berbuka puasa at my uncle’s place on the 27th of August, and since it has also been a long time since my uncle’s siblings had met my mum and brother Nik Ai, he decided to invite all his siblings to join in the berbuka puasa too.

It turned out to be a huge affair with 6 of his sibling in attendance, 5 out of 6 of my siblings, complete with almost all of our children. My sister, Chik, from Kota Bharu, was the only missing sibling from my family, and my uncle was missing 2 of his brothers. All is all, there were 44 of us!


There was so much fun and laughter and catching up to do as I have not met my aunts and uncles for some time already. There was so much food too, but, as we all got excited over all the delicious food, all home cooked by Kak Ma, my uncles Ayah Ming’s wife, I forgot to snap photos of the spread! *sigh*

But here are some photos of the gathering....

Aiman at the lovely pergola....My uncle has a lovely huge house, and I just love the size of the house!


Just look at the number of cars the driveway can fit in!


Seen here are some of the guests....


We also celebrated my niece’s birthday, Tengku Yasmin, whose birthday falls on the 28th of August.


My brother Nik Ai and Eli’s 17th Wedding Anniversary, also falls on the 28th of August.



My brother Nik Ai’s birthady falls on the 29th of August. So it was a triple celebration, 4, if you count a celebration of gatherings of aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews!

It was great meeting up with everyone after not meeting up for so long, but, life is such that everyone is so busy, and trying to gather everyone at one go is almost impossible!


Thanks, Ayah Ming, for the invite, and thanks, Lin, for organising it!

No comments: