Sunday, December 17, 2006

5 Mini Challenge update & others

It's been so long since I last put up any progress on my 5 Mini Challenge because I have been so busy. I come back home too tired to do any stitching. Anyway, I managed to get my "BLESS OUR HOME" piece finally framed up, and had just taken it from the framers last week. I like my choice of frame. Looks very woody and matches the writing on the stitching piece almost to a T.

Don't ask me yet where am I going to put up this piece. *grin* I still have a few other framed pieces which are just leaning against the wall on my work table in the stitching room, while I try to decided where to put them up. Doesn't that tell you that I am running out of wall spaces? LOL! *wink*

I also finally had my frog piece framed too. I wish I could have sent this piece to Penang for framing, then Mr Lim could have done some punched motifs on the mount to make the piece even nicer.

However, I still like the framing, though the mount turned out darker than the one I thought I had chosen. Oh well.....

While waiting for my son to finish his art class on Saturday, I managed to get in some one hour of stitching time on my EMS Needlebook. I am quite pleased with the progress, considering that I have not worked on it for more than a week already.

This is it for now. I hope to report on all the finished product for the 5 Mini Challenge by next week. I am hoping to be able to get a couple of days off after christmas to do some spring cleaning, which is way overdue, and hopefully try to fit in some stitching time too. I am praying hard that my boss is not going to have me cancel that leave. Wish me luck! *wink*

1 comment:

Barbara J said...

As always, once cross-stitched pieces are framed they look even more terrific!

The NO frogging will bring a smile anytime :) Suggest you display it in your stitching room ;) LOL!