Sunday, December 24, 2006

Pink and Blue

Last night, I made a bracelet for my niece who turned 12 on 19th December, 2006. Yup, kind of a belated birthday gift, but, the usual excuse is that, I have been busy. *grin*

Anyway, back to the bracelet, it is really nothing great, other than the fact that this is my first attempt at making a bracelet, and I really like the end result of this bracelet. I made her a handhone bracelet too in matching colour and design to be placed in a cute Strawberry Shortcake box that I bought at a gift shop. I don't know if she will be able to appreciate the handmade gift made by her Che' Za, as I am known to my nieces and nephews, but, I had enjoyed making them.

So happy was I with the way it the bracelet I made for my niece turned out that I decided to make one for myself too, but, of course in a different design. I even made a matching earrings to go with it. I can't wait to wear them with my blue attire for work! *wink*

BTW, I went out to buy myself a beading measuring board/tray or whatever you may call it. The packing did not state the name of the tray. I bought my mom one too since she has joined me in this craze. It has made measuring the length of bracelets a lot easier, and soon, I hope to make myself some necklaces too! I will definitely put up some photos when I do!

1 comment:

Barbara J said...

I love the beads you made for your bracelet and earings. Are those cloisonne beads? Really pretty.