Saturday, May 26, 2007

Some stitching..........

It's been a long time, in fact, a very long time since I did any updating or reporting on my stitching progress. A lot of things has happened over the last three weeks or so. For one, I have been very preoccupied with things at work concerning projects I am involved in. I have meetings back to back trying to solve problems and trying to wrap things up for some of the projects which I will have to start handing over to my successor once I fully step into my new position soon.

Prior to that, I can't help but get myself all hyped up over the reality show, Akademi Fantasia Season 5, which finally concluded last weekend. LOL! I am glad that's over! Phew! If not, every Saturday night I would start getting all excited as the show is about to start! Talk about being obsessed! LOL! *grin*

Call me whatever, but, it is good to be able to share my thoughts and feelings with other people, regardless of whether they agree with me or not. It is, after all, only my personal opinion. Everyone has different opinion of things. Like my stitching, some people can appreciate it, some don't. The world is full of so many types of people, yet there is always place for just one more.

Ok, back to my report on my stitching, first up is a flatfold cum notebook I made for BJ. Earlier in the year, at NNC, we had a Flatfold SAL. I had mine done some time back already, but I did not post any photos of it despite the dateline for posting photos of the finished product was long overdue. You see, I wanted it to be a surprise birthday present for BJ. So, naturally I could not post photos of the flatfold until BJ had safely received it. I meant to mail it out, and honestly, BJ, I was really busy that I simply could not find the time to mail it out. But, since we had planned to meet up the week of your birthday, then things just simply fell into place! *grin*

Anyway, instead of the flatfold being simply an ornamental piece, I decided to make it into a 2-in-1 thing where it could also double up as a notebook, since I knew that BJ is into putting down everything she does into her tatted binded book she showed me when we first met at Seri Melaka early in the year. Even before she showed me her notebook, I already had in mind what I wanted to make for her birthday, because, prior to that, she was talking about coming up with a notebook to put down her thoughts on her stitching pieces. So, here it is, safely in the hands of who it was finally meant for.


I really enjoyed stitching the design, which, by the way, is an EMS Garden design alphabet freebie she gave out at her site some time back. I also enjoyed it even more making it up into a book which I hope BJ will be able to use it to its fullest!

Next up is a pincushion which I made for Margaret. Margaret had, some time back, told me that she is crazy for pincushions. So, I decided that I would stitch her a pincushion one day as a token of appreciation for all the help and support that she had given me all this while.

I had no intention of doing up such a big one actually. It just happend one day when I went shopping at SSF Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and chanced upon this wooden miniature table in red. Immediately it gave me an idea the size of pincushion that I was going to be making for MW.

I remembered that MW said that she wanted to do a pincushion that is the biggest ever. So, I thought I'd surprise her by making her a big one too, hopefully to match the big one that she is planning to make one for herself. Looks like, for the moment *wink*, at 5"x5", this is the BIGGEST pincushion Margaret has in her collection thus far, and the biggest I have made so far! LOL! See if you can beat that one, MW! LOL! *wink*

Finally, here is a photo of my progress on the Long Dog Mystery Sampler SAL we are currently doing at NNC. I hope to finish the last bottom row this weekend, but, going by the rate that I am working on this piece, it does not look like it's going to happen. *sigh*


BTW, Sanguine Store is currently conducting a stitching competition employing Carrie's Thread.

For more information, please visit:
http://sanguinestore.wordpress.com/competition/

Registration ends on 31st May 2007.

1 comment:

Barbara J said...

Thanks so much for the lovely flatfold notebook. I've not used it, it's still in pristine condition ;)

Margaret's pincushion is so grand, it's like on a pedestal!

Your LDSAL is coming along nicely. Gosh the colours are so lovely!! Glad you started at the bottom bands that way, I can kinda gauge the loveliness to come :D