Sunday, September 23, 2007

The class begins.....

I started on my bag making class at Quilt Gallery yseterday. When I signed up for it, Gill (the owner) told me that it would take two classes to complete the bag. I told myself that the type and design of bag that I wanted to make looks pretty easy, and I am sure that I can get it done in ONE class! Heheh.....silly of me to think that I am such an expert! *grin*

There is a lot that I learnt in my first class, which, had I done up the bag the way I think I know how, I wouldn't have known that there is a much better way to do it to make my bag look even more professional.

I am glad that I decided to sign up for the class, though the initial reason why I signed up was because I needed a place or something to do while I wait for my son to finish his art class. I would usually sit at Starbucks, but, this being the fasting month,I definitely can't sit at Starbucks and not buy myself a tall glass of ice blended drink, right? *grin* The waitress will shoo me out of the cafe! LOL! Now the class serves two purposes - I have a place to wait, and I will definitely be learning something new!

Anyway, back to my bag class, yesterday was more of doing the preparations - planning the layout (how I want my bag to look like), the measuring, and the cutting. My bag is designed to the way I want it to be, and since I want it to be used for carrying my cross stitch things, I designed with that in mind - pockets for the chart, the fabric, the scissors and the threads. That should do it......for now. Maybe once I know how to do a bag the proper way, I can get more creative...hopefully.

On another stitching note, I have started on the Home of a Needleworker by Little House Needlework for the Sisterhood Stitching currently being organised at NNC. The design calls for 16ct aida, but, silly me forgot to check the fabric count called for and started on 14ct. I also forgot that I had just recently bought some 16ct aida from Jean. Silly me again! *grin*

It was only after I had done quite a bit did I realised that fabric count mistake. Oh well, not too big a problem actually, only that my piece will be a bit bigger than the rest of the members doing it. I can live with that, I guess. *grin*

1 comment:

Barbara J said...

Nice fabric you've chosen for the bag...very apt :)

SHS is looking great!