Sunday, November 11, 2007

An all day outing

Aiman has been complaining of boredom lately since finishing his final year exams more than 2 weeks ago. Nothing much has been taught in school since the exams. They are just doing worksheets to pass the time away and practising for their school concert (will report more on the concert in a later posting

So, during the recent Deepavali holiday, my hubby and I decided to take Aiman out on an all day outing in town. First, on Wednesday night, we checked into Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur, so that we can stay up late and enjoy the night life along Jalan Bukit Bintang. We had wanted to check in even earlier after work, but, as always, last minute things tend to crop up, and I ended up having a meeting that ended late, and with piles of letters to clear, we only checked into the hotel close to 9.00pm.

Anyway, after dinner, we took a walk along Jalan Bukit Bintang, and I was amazed at how many small shops lined along the road were offering foot reflexology services. There were also many open air foot reflexology services offered - they just put up chairs and that's it!

My feet was killing me, but I was not comfortable with the open air concept, and the small shops did not look inviting, but scary, in fact, LOL!, and thus did not go for it, but my hubby did. Aiman and I decided to walk back to our hotel as he was eager to play with the new toy I had just bought him - a mechanical buffalo that moves and makes a mooing sound.

The next day, after breakfast, as Aiman and my hubby went swimming in the pool, I came down with my laptop and stitching things, and stayed by the poolside, reading my emails which I have not been able to do so for the past 3 days. I only manged a little stitching though, but I did managed to complete my linen piece! Hooray!

After checking out of the hotel, we went for lunch at Sushi King, where Aiman tried his hands at using the chopsticks. He managed OK for a first timer, but there was a time when it got him really frustrated that he decided to just poke the chopstick into the sushi! LOL! Smart boy! *wink*

Here's our spread of the ala-cart portion. We ate some other items too from the kaiten belt. Aiman had fun picking out his food from the belt and wouldn't stop. He was worried that the food would not come back to him once they passed him. LOL! *wink*

After lunch, I managed to make a quick visit to a cross stitch/craft shop at Sungai Wang Plaza, after getting very specific directions from Margaret. Thanks, Margaret! I just bought some zippers and laces for some projects I intend to do some day. After that, we headed on to Kuala Lumpur City Center (KLCC) as Aiman wanted to play at the water park. Alas, when we got there, the clouds turned dark, and Aiman only managed about a half hour of dipping in the wading pool.

In the mean time, I headed on to Kinokuniya's japanese craft section which has now moved from Isetan to within Kinokuniya itself. It is now a much larger section, but, I could not locate the craft books that I have been eyeing for months. Instead, I found some books on bag making and a book on small crochet laces. I bought them, of course! LOL!

The day ended with an early dinner before we headed home close to 8.00pm. I was tired, and so was my hubby, but the 7-year old boy was still as active as ever! LOL! He didn't sleep until close to 11.00 pm! Well, I'd rather have him active anytime, rather than sick. That would get me all worried and anxious.

It was a good break for me too and I think Aiman had a great time too, though he still simply just can't have enough of activities! LOL! We will just have to wait for the school holidays before we plan anything else.

BTW, Royale Bintang has a comfy chair just perfect for stitching! I might want to get one too, if only I could find a place to put it.......*grin*

No comments: