Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nothing like mum’s cooking!

My hubby and I were in Kota Bharu last week (from 23rd November - 25th November 2008)to attend a 2 day workshop. We brought along our son and left him with my mum at her house while we attended the workshop at a hotel nearby as our workshop runs from 8.30am to 11.00pm each day.

As we arrived in Kota Bharu early on Sunday (it’s a working day in Kota Bharu), and had some time to spare before the first day of the workshop started in the late evening, I made plans earlier on to have lunch at my mum’s place so that we can savour mum’s home cooking.


It was a simple meal by anybody’s standard, but it was a meal heaven sent to me as I look at all the yummy home cooked food laid out on the table. My mum made ikan masak asam pedas, masak lemak sayur petola, fried chicken, grilled fish, and, of course, my favorite, BUDU with all its accompanimentsterung bakar (grilled eggplant), celur belimbing besi and bendi (boiled starfruit and lady’s fingers), and durian, ! I am even licking my lips as I write this! LOL!

Here’s my sister posing with the tray of budu and its accompaniments.


The rest of the photos show my mum, my youngest brother, my sister, my brother-in-law, my niece and nephew, my son and hubby all enjoying and savouring all the delicious food laid down on the table.


I just simply could not have enough of my mum’s cooking, but had to stop when I started feeling a little bloated like I just added another 10 kg! LOL!

Thanks, Ma, for the delicious spread!

........Lots of photos for the sake of my brother who is in the United States of America, and missing mum's cooking! *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually we just had Siamese budoo for lunch. But we miss Ma's cooking as well. Thanks for the pix though.

Datin Nik Zaharah said...

Thanks, Nun, for all the compliment. I felt so thankful to Allah for blessing me with beautiful children, who also appreciates me. This is what every mother wish for.i.e to make their children as happy as can be.