Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thai-panyaki, anyone?

I was in Puchong on Thursday, 20th November, to attend a class at Epal, and decided to have lunch somewhere around the area, for a change, instead of coming back to Subang Jaya, to have lunch at the usual places.

There was this place called Bibi-wok, a thai restaurant that offers All You Can Eat Thai Steamboat, another favourite food of mine. No, I did not have steamboat, unfortunately, as it was no fun eating steamboat just the two of us (my son and I), because I think steamboats are meant to be eaten in a group of at least 3 people.

Anyway, we decided to go for the Thai-panyaki set lunch of Chicken and Squid (for me) and Chicken and Prawns (for my son).


It was served with a rice, thai salad, a bowl of vegetable soup, crackers, and fruits for dessert. It was delicious, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves Thai food with a mix of Japanese.


My son tremendously enjoyed the food, but he was more excited about the place, as it was set up like a Japanese restaurant with Siamese décor.


He was intrigued with the low table on a platform with a recessed opening underneath the table. So, you are actually sitting on the floor, so to speak, with your legs under the table.


My son actually sat cross legged as he finds it odd to stretch his legs under the table when the table to low. LOL! It was a different experience for him that day, and he just could not sit still in his excitement. Ok, my son never sits still for long anywhere, actually! LOL!

As the food was good, and the ambience nice, I hope to drop by there again someday, this time with my hubby, to try out the All You Can Eat Thai Steamboat. They do have other ala-carte menu for those not into steamboat and teppanyaki.

No comments: