Saturday, November 08, 2008

Stashing and recycling

Recently, no, make that two months ago, I made an order at Joann for some craft things. Since Joann does not mail overseas, I had it mailed to my brother in the United States, and my sister-in-law (my brother’s wife) resent everything to me. Thanks, Eli!

Among the things that I bought was the ladybug backing fabric which I had already put together for my son’s Soccer Quilt. The rest of the items were this circular cutter template and blade which cost a bomb here in Malaysia. Even after adding the cost of shipping, it was still cheaper to order them from Joann.


Heheh..I ordered this when I was very much in a scrapbooking mood, and couldn’t wait to get my hands on it to start making circular cutouts for my scrapbook. But, by the time these arrived, my interest had already shifted to quilting! LOL! But, I am sure I will get back my scrapbooking mood again very soon should we be doing some traveling during the upcoming school holidays.

No, we are not going overseas, but just maybe holidaying locally, though we have yet to decide where to go. My schedule and my hubby’s schedule at work are already packed to the brim right up until the 1st week of December! So, looks like my son will have to wait a while before we can make any plans to go for a holiday. If you ask him where he wants to go, his answer would be, “To the US to visit Abang Han!” *grin* Abang Han is the son of my brother who’s doing his Masters in Michigan.

Opps! I am digressing again! *grin*

Anyway, back to my stashing, besides the circular template and cutter, I also bought this lovely fabric which I have yet to decide what I want to do with it. Maybe make a bag?


I shared making orders at Joann with Paul, a friend at NNC, to save up on shipping costs, and he is very much into crochet and recently, into tatting. So, when he asked that I help him order some yarns, I could not resist ordering some too as the colours that he chose were all so yummy! LOL!

So, here are my selections. Heheh…don’t ask me yet what I intend to make with them. I just like to have them in my stash for now. *grin*


On another note, while organizing the shelves in my dining room, I found this lovely basket given to us some time back. It was originally filled with some cookies, but was now empty. It was just perfect for my quilting project in progress!


I could put in all the fabric required for the current project I am doing, pins, templates, a small ruler, scissors, roller cutter and any other bits and bobs. Best of all, it has a handle which makes it very easy for me to bring it around to my quilting class!

By the way, thank you, Paul, for these box of buttons! Such lovely colours! I love them!

No comments: