Thursday, July 20, 2006

A very slow progress.....

Yup, I can't seem to make fast progress on this piece. I think it has got to do with the fact that this design has so many shades of blue that is so close, and when stitching at nite, it can be quite confusing.

I spent last Thursday nite stitching for an hour, but spent the last 20 minutes of that 1 hour frogging it because I kept getting confused with d close shades of blue and miscounted! LOL!

I can't wait to move on to the saucer and cup next to the center tea pot, but the use of mostly whites in the cup and saucer also slowed me down coz, when stitching at nite, I can't make out if I had stitched the whites or not! LOL! My eyes are getting old! LOL!

I have started on the border a little bit, and that helps to show for some progress, and motivated me to keep on going, because the borders are quite consistant in design.

I think it has been a long time since I did a pattern that calls for so much detail. I know this piece, when completed, is going to be a very pretty piece. So, I am hoping that all my `hard work' will pay off just to see it completed.

I am glad that I am actually doing a Stitch-A-Long (SAL) with Barbara on this piece, coz it keeps me going. I think if I was doing this piece alone, I'd probably.....only probably *wink*, that I might just give it up, because of the confusing shades of blue. I guess that is the reason why Najwa gave up on doing it.

I am not giving up this piece, right, Barbara?

2 comments:

Barbara J said...

Nope you're not. I won't let you! :) If you do it'll be more than teh tarik in store for me. Shall I pick out the restaurant? Hahaha!!

Lillie said...

It's looking good. Wished I had join in the SAL too....LOL
~ Lillie