Saturday, February 24, 2007

The cards are back!


It's been a long time, a very long time since I did any cards. What inspired me to start making cards again was a result of my son wanting to pay a visit to Papier, The Curve at Mutiara Damansara.

I was on leave on Wednesday and took my son to join my hubby, who was working, for lunch at the Curve. I never intended to drop by Papier because I know that if I do, I will tend to spend unnecessarily.

But, after lunch, my son insisted that we drop by there because he simply loves to play with the dinosaur toys there (like as if there aren't enough dino toys already at home! LOL!). It was a mistake. A BIG MISTAKE! LOL! Spent I did, not a little, but a lot and my purse is currently suffering a shock from the amount spent! LOL!

I bought a set of clear alphabet stamps and acrylic block to go with it, which, mind you, cost a bomb, ColorBox stamp pads, 3 card magazines and 3 12"x12" scrapbook papers. The cost? My purse is crying in pain! LOL!

I went home and did up 2 cards. On Thursday nite I made 2 more cards, and today, I made another one. I am on a roll! LOL!

4 comments:

Barbara J said...

Those are very creative indeed. I dunno what I'll do for the card swap we're gonna have! So did you use those clip-arts from pccrafters?

Ying Pang, said...

Nik, you are very talented! I think you need to going more for your cardmaking ...what I mean is, put more time and concentrate more for your cardmaking:-) I am sure you will made more wonderful and gorgeous cards!! Looking forward for what you will make in our card swap.

aniza said...

Beautiful works. My daughter too loves papercraft and enjoys going to Papier at The Curve. Aniza

Shanny Khoo said...

Nik,

Clear stamps are so easy to use and mind you easier to store than mounted rubber stamps! I've just spent a bomb as well on clear stamps, inks etc on ebay.... And now I think my bank will be after me sooner than I think they will! hehehehehe

You know I got lost while trying to get to IKEA, so going to The Curve was a no-no then.... Will go there the next time I'm back!