Tuesday, February 20, 2007

NNC's inaugural meet-up!

Yup! We had fun!

Our first inaugural meet-up for the group was held on 10th February, 2007 at Seri Melaka, Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

I was late getting there for I made the mistake of taking the LRT (Light Rail Transit) instead of driving there because I thought that going by LRT would get me there quicker considering that it was Saturday when most roads leading to town would be jammed up. I also wanted to avoid the jam coming back because I had a dinner to attend the same day.

It is one of those days when you just miscalculate your timing. When I got there, most of the members were already there - Angie, Faizon, June, Janet, BJ, Emily and Diyana. Rose arrived slightly later since she also took the LRT. Soon after, Shanny arrived with her mum, followed by Jo and later Wendy. I think Wendy surprised everyone with her presence because I never told anyone that she was coming, but we were having a guess the mystery member game where Emily said that she was bringing along a member, but she was not telling who is is, and Wendy wasn't the mystery member! LOL!

Much later, Azie arrived with Linda with all her wares of cross stitch things to sell and we were like going goo goo ga ga over them! LOL!

Thanks, Emily, for injecting some fun into the meet when days before the meet-up, we were like listing down almost every member of the group, and mind you, we don't have that many members, and yet we did not get it right! LOL! Well, I almost did! I had already guessed it was Janet, by said that she was from Kedah, when she is actually from Ipoh! Duh! Emily said that we were 99.9% wrong! LOL!

Anyway, we had fun getting to know everyone with the little time that we had. Three hours was still not enough time when we have so much to talk about and show off what we have done and been doing! There was so much that we wanted to learn from one another, but time was simply not with us. I also had to leave early to get ready for my dinner, so that made time flew even faster.

I had fun, and I am almost certain many had fun too. I must thank Emily for making the booking for the place and for treating us the `sago pudding'. I thank June for her lovely rose pins, Rose for her lovely pincushion, and Shanny for her lovely heart shape hanging ornament.

I thank each and every member
that made it to the meet up and made it a great one! Hopefully we will have many more great meet-ups in the future too!

1 comment:

LittleByLittle said...

Hi Nik,

THANK YOU for a lovely time we had!