Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roast Chicken for dinner


We had roast chicken with sauteed vegetables for dinner tonight. I had roasted the chicked the night before already as I am working today, and had put them in the fridge, ready to serve today.

Can't see much of the chicken with all those vegetables, right? LOL! My hubby and I love vegetables, and our dinner wouldn't be complete without veggies! My son hates them! LOL! Kids!

Today, I slowly had it reheated in the oven while we waited for my hubby to come back from the hospital after visiting his mom who is still admitted. The doctors still could not figure out what is causing her to tremble so much over the weekend, and are running more tests.

It's also been a long time since I made this recipe for roasted chicken, which I concocted myself after reading up on roasted chicken in the recipe books. I took a little bit of recipes here and there and came up with this recipe which my hubby seems to like. I served it with potato salad. Opps! Forgot to take photos of the Potato Salad.

On Saturday I tried this new recipe for Irish Stew from the magazine FLAVOURS which I picked up from the mamak shop as I was buying newspaper a few days before. I forgot to take photos of the stew, but it looked almost like the photo in the magazine. It tasted good, only I wasn't too happy that the gravy wasn't as thick as I expected it to be. I am definitely going to try making it again, and maybe do some improvisation to get it the way I want it to be now that I know how to do the basic recipe. This time, I will try not to forget to take photos. *grin*

1 comment:

HaniFadil said...

Wow, looks like we gonna see more and more food entries in your blog. Keep them coming!