Monday, May 19, 2008

What we had for tea.....


It's been a long time since I made serawa durian, but, since my son wanted to eat fresh durian and I could not buy them in small amounts, I decided to make serawa durian for tea today. Looks yummy, doesn't it *wink*, and, if I may say so myself, it was! LOL! *wink*

I learnt this recipe from my mother-in-law. BTW, my MIL is in hospital today. She was admitted last night when she was tremoring so much due to her illness. The doctors could not be sure whether it could also be due to her fall last week. She is still in hospital even as I type this posting as the doctors want to run more tests on her.

She looked better when I visited her this morning, and my hubby said that she looked well when he left the hospital at around 5.00pm today. My FIL is at the hospital tonight to keep her company. We pray for her speedy recovery.

Back to our tea today, yup, that is indeed sausage you see next to the serawa durian. Out of place, huh? LOL!

My son prefers his sausage anytime than the serawa durian, although he simply loves fresh durian. I wouldn't be able to stop him once he starts on the durian. *grin*

I still have a little bit more of the serawa sauce. I might have it again in the next few days for dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no... I want that serawa durian!! I must buy frozen durian during my next visit to oriental store :P

Sorry to hear about yr MIL..we hope she will get well soon. Please extend our salam to her.