Thursday, April 23, 2009

Getting feverish PINK!

I am at home today. I had sort of a case of aerosol poisoning. There were termites in my office and they had eaten up a lot of my documents. It was only two months ago that the pest control came to do some termite control treatment, but I guess they did not good a good job of it as half of my documents in my cabinet have been eaten up! Horror!

So, yesterday, they came again when I discovered the termites in the cabinets as I was doing some organising of my documents. They sprayed everywhere, even on the carpet. Eventhough I sat away from my room while they were doing the spraying, but the aerosol lingered in the air when I went in to pick up my bag to go home. I was already having a coughing fit while they were doing the spraying earlier on.

I woke up with a sore throat like it was burning, and since I had no meetings to chair today, I decided to take the opportunity to take a break from my hectic work schedule.

Since it was not a planned holiday, I wasn't sure what to do with my day today. So, after my hubby and son left for work and school, I took a short nap as I felt a headache coming. I made some calls to the office when I got up, and after that, decided to take it easy for a while, so, I sat down in front of the TV to watch a repeat of last week's Akademi Fantasia's concert while I crocheted the bag I started last Saturday at the Stitching Bee.

Earlier on, I told Mel that my bag was going slanting, and I think it is because I had added an extra stitch at every row. Mel told me this morning to STOP crocheting, as she wants to show me how to decrease the stitching. WHAT? I am already crocheting my 20th row! OH NO! *biting my lips*

Here's my proof......


I think the bag is not starting to look that slanting anymore (trying to make myself feel good, huh? LOL!) as I started decreasing the stitches already when I realised it after the 8th row. It does gets me annoyed though, knowing that it is not supposed to be that way, but...but...no one's going to know about the mistake, except,... Teacher Mel, of course, and the rest of the world! LOL! *wink* Stubborn, am I? LOL! *wink*

Mel, what do you think?

If Teacher Mel is not happy with this stubborn student, can I make it up by making another bag, but only after this bag is done with? I am just afraid that if I were to unpick everything now after I had done so much already, I might just get demoralised and demotivated.

So, I thought I'd let this be my pracctice piece and do another one, probably a smaller one. That way too I get to play with more exciting and yummy colours as by then I would have known better how to mix colours and the shape of the bag will hopefuly have a better shape like what it is supposed to be in the first place. What do you think, Teacher Mel? *wink*

BTW, I am posting here the photo of all the yarns that I bought which is meant for the bag. I have used up the 3 yarns on the bottom right for the 13th to 18th row. I am now on my 20th row using the 1st, 4th and 5th ball from the right at the top row.


Like Mel said, it does help you with colour coordination when you have laid out all the colours in rows from lightest to darkest. Thanks, Mel, for the tips.

I can't wait to progress more on the bag today, but, I am going out now to pick up my son from school. I am bringing this with me to crochet in the car while I wait for the school bell to ring. *grin*

No comments: