Saturday, May 30, 2009

What a load of gifts!

My mum just came back from the United States of America after an almost 2-months stay at my brother’s house in Ann Arbor, Michigan, who is doing his Masters and PhD there. She was there since March. 2009.

She safely arrived on 27th May 2009 at about 7.30am, but only cleared customs an hour later due to a lot of paperwork as a result of the influenza virus that is currently going around.

She looks well, and happy, and had lots to tell, so, we all, my sister, Lin, and two brothers, Ayis and Azan, met her for a belated birthday celebration for my brother, Azan, an early birthday celebration for my sis, Lin, and a welcome home dinner for my mum at Tony Roma’s, Sunway Pyramid.

Even before dinner was served, my mum gave away the gifts that she brought back for us, and, oh my, I love them all! Look at what she brought back for my hubby, Aiman and me!


For my hubby, a Jones New York Neck Tie, and for Aiman, a sports shirt and pants. I got the most presents, but, of course! LOL! *grin*


I got a book, “The Perfect Bag” by Linda McGehee, a pink Coach handbag, a dark pink Liz Clairborne purse from my brother and Sister-in-law for Mother’s Day cum birthday present, and a pair of Jones New York sunglasses! Wow! My birthday just came early! LOL!

This pink COACH handbag is perfectly me!


My mum knew that I was looking for a pink handbag as the current one I have is all worn out already, and anything PINK always gets me excited! LOL! So, this dark pink purse from my brother and SIL suites me very well, and goes well with my new Coach handbag! What more could I ask for? *wink*


I love this book, “The Perfect Bag” by Linda McGehee, and could not stop flipping through it during dinner while waiting for the food to be served.


However, I realized that the book came with the patterns missing as there were traces of a pattern being attached to the back cover of the book.

When I got home, I made a check online with the publisher, and they offered to send me the patterns. Now that’s what I call great customer service! You think we can find that kind of service here in Malaysia? Yes, but not very often, and very far between. *sigh*

We have a very long way to go when it comes to customer service. When in the US (since I spent most part of up growing up years in the US, I know the level of customer service offered there), the saying goes that the customer is always right, but, in Malaysia, the shop assistant/owner, and everyone else in the business is right, EXCEPT the customer (remember the entry dated Saturday, May 23, 2009, "JELITA it is not! - A lesson learnt......" being one very good example).

I have found a few nice shop owners/sales assistants, but they are a very rare species. We need to breed more of those, and I hope, under the new Prime Minister, steps will be taken to improve this part of our service, as it goes a long way in bringing in more investors to our country.

Oopps! Sorry! I am digressing! LOL!

Anyway, back to the gifts that I got from my mum, I also got this lovely pair of Jones New York sunglasses. This must be my most expensive pair of sunglasses thus far! *blush* Thanks, Ma!


My mum also bought a very lovely casing to go with it, and I bet it is going to make me look stylish, no, make that very stylish! LOL! *wink*

Thank you so much, Ma, for all the lovely gifts! Thanks, NikAi and Eli, for the lovely purse!

1 comment:

eli said...

Happy to see you love our gift and all the gifts which Ma brought back :)

Have a wonderful birthday Kak Nun! May Allah bless you and your family always.

Lots of love,
Eli, Nik Ai, Sarah & Farhan