Friday, May 01, 2009

The crochet bag is done!


Yup! It's done, though it took longer than Rose who did hers in 5 days, and sifu Mel did hers in only two days!

I could have completed the bag last Saturday night as I sat watching the Akademi Fantasia concert last week, but, I lost the mood to complete it that night when Aril was announced that he was booted out! *sob! sob!* LOL! *grin*

At that time, I was already on the last row for the handle. LOL! *wink*

I finally completed it on Sunday evening last week when I sat to watch a repeat of the concert. *grin*

Heheh...I still have not quite gotten over the fact that Aril's out! LOL! Fanatic, am I? LOL! *blush* No, I am just someone who enjoys watching him perform and appreaciates good talent when I see one, despite considering myself to be tonedeaf. LOL!

I'll miss watching him perform every Saturday night, and soon, it's going to be all over..... *sigh**grin*

Oppps! Digressing again, am I? LOL! *wink*

Anyway, back to my bag, I love all the shades of PINK that I had used for this bag. It's yummy! It's sweet! It's very ME! LOL! This bag is MINE! *grin*

The bag is approximately 17" x 17" not including the handle part. I made quite a number of mistakes, but, like I said earlier, this is my practice piece.

The above photo was taken as soon as I completed it last Sunday, and in my excitement to snap a photo of it, I forgot to put in the ribbon and magnetic clasp.

So, here is the bag with the ribbon inserted and with the magnetic clasp in place.


I should have placed the clasp either above or below the line of the ribbon, instead of in lined with it. That's another mistake I had made. But, instead of taking it out, I decided to put a button on top of the clasp, and inserting the ribbon through the button holes to grip the ribbon in place.


I have already bought more yarns today to make another bag for someone who's birthday is coming up quite soon, but I am not telling who she is....just yet! *wink*


No comments: