Sunday, July 27, 2008

An evening spent......

I thought I was making much progress on my Mandala Garden, because I stayed up till midnight last night and a couple of hours this morning working on the Mandala Garden piece. At about noon, I realised that I had missed a SQUARE! Oh NO!!

I thought I could just proceed but, I couldn't, because it affected a lot of other neigbouring stitches, so, I spent the whole afternoon unpicking! Urrgghh!!

It was only in the evening that I managed to start again on the piece, and I am back to where I realised my mistake. So, not too bad, but....*sigh* I could have made much more progress had I spent the afternoon stitching instead of unpicking, but, oh well.....


The photo here shows the gates to the gardens, which I had to unpick and restitch. This piece has four gates. This is the second one that I started on. Because of the close shades of grey, it is so easy to miscount. I miscounted too when I started on the first gate. I stopped and moved on to other areas of the piece when it happened the 1st time. I thought I would be more careful the 2nd time around, which I was, actually, but still, I miscounted.

I had planned on starting on a new 'mobile' piece since I am about a quarter done on the LHN Chocolatte Shop. But, I guess, it is just not meant to be...*sigh*

It's late.....it's time for me to retire for the night....

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

What beautiful colours! Keep stitching and maybe the frogs will stay away!!!