Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh! For the square saucepan!

I have been looking high and low for a square saucepan here in Kuala Lumpur, but I must have been looking at the wrong places, since I just couldn't find it.

What I have found so far here in KL are square ones used for oven top grilling where it has that grids on the surface of the pan. What I want is the flat one where I can make great looking bull's eye fried eggs and pancakes.

So, when I chanced upon it on my trip to Langkawi recently for work, I immediately grabbed it. Then I realised that I came with an overnight bag which is oblong in shape and would not even fit in one saucepan, what more two! Yup! I bought one flat surface suacepan, and nee oven top saucepan as I thought, what the heck, now I can grille my meat and fish which will give me that effect like it was charcoal grille but missing the charcoal flavour.

I would have liked to BBQ my meat to have the charcoal flavour, but one cannot be asking for too much, right? One must also count one's blessings, right? LOL! *wink*

So, in order for me to be able to hand carry my two saucepans back to KL, I actually had to buy another bag big enough to fit in the saucepans and so had to check in my overnight bag as I could not carry too many hand carry luggage onto the plane. *grin*

I am so pleased with myself, like a child with a new toy! LOL! *grin*.

So today, I used it to fry the 'Roti Canai' which we had for breakfast.


Tomorrow, we will be having pancakes as I want an excuse to use my new saucepan again. LOL! *grin*

1 comment:

Shanny Khoo said...

Eh! how much did you pay for it ar? my mum is also looking for this type of pan. Perhaps we'll stop by langkawi when we go up to penang for a few days...