Friday, January 16, 2009

Cupcakes to complete the birthday!


Remember I said that I felt that something was missing or incomplete (read the comments at the posting) when we did not buy a cake for my hubby's birthday recently?

Well, I made up for it yesterday when I bought 3 pieces of cupcakes from CUPCAKE CORNER, a cafe owned by ICCA (Internatioanl Centre of Cake Artistry) at Kota Damansara. I bought two banana cupacakes and one blueberry. The cafe doesn't sell the normal size cakes. It is, in fact, not actually a cake house, but a shop selling baking stuffs and is also a cake decorating and baking center. It runs cake decorating and baking classes. Check out it's website here - http://www.2decoratecakes.com/

I got excited about the shop, and happy to finally be able to buy the cake to make my hubby's birthday complete. So was my son. The only person who was not showing any signs of excitement was my hubby, and he commented that who's birthday is it really that we were more excited than him about the cake! LOL! Well, here's a photo of him play acting his excitement! *grin*


Men! They just want to show that they are macho, when, in actual fact, they love being showered with gifts and being given attention! LOL! *grin*


Anyway, we came home (we arrived home quite late last night due to.....what else?..work! LOL! *grin*), and after having a shower and doing our prayers, we lighted up one candle on the 3 little cupcakes and sang my hubby a belated birthday song.

My hubby happily blew the candle, and we dived into the little cupcakes.


In my opinion, the cupcakes were tasty, but a little too sweet for my tastebuds. I love the simple decoration though. It coincidently matched the T-shirt that my hubby was wearing last night.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY again, Dia!

No comments: